Celebrating 25 Years!
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE WORLD! Explore the Globe with the biggest Globe Trekker DVD collection yet! In this special 8-show Ultimate World Guide collection from the multi-award winning Globe Trekker series, your favourite Globe Trekker hosts take you to the far flung corners of our planet, bringing you the best of the best of Globe Trekker. Join travellers Megan McCormick, Ian Wright, Justine Shapiro, Zay Harding, Christina Chang, KT Comer, Estelle Bingham, Holly Morris, Andrew Daddo and Jonathan Atherton as they take you on the ultimate adventure from Europe to Indo-China, Australia to The Caribbean, Mexico to the Middle East, and much more. Featuring the complete Globe Trekker Ultimate Guides collection, our travellers present you with the most comprehensive guide ever to our diverse and wonderful world.
Explore the heart of the Amazonian rainforest, celebrate Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, visit the glaciers of Patagonia, scale volcanoes, wander through the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu and the Lost City of the Tayrona, trek to Angel Falls or tango till dawn in Buenos Aires Globe Trekker's Ultimate South America 3-download Set offers all these experiences and more! Our intrepid travellers have traversed the continent to find the most unusual and exciting places, leading you off the tourist track and into a world often missed by package tours. This 3-DVD set contains 8 exciting in-depth episodes plus TV extras. Buen viaje!
Features Globe Trekker Ultimate Guide shows:
- Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world, covering half of South America. It is home to beautiful beaches and the mighty and mysterious Amazon. With a population of over 150 million people it is also home to vibrant urban centers like Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, famous for its legendary Carnival celebration. Brazil is a country of passion, rhythm, football, adrenalin and drama that has inspired the western world for years.
- Peru is a large and diverse country both geographically and culturally, which easily satisfies all kinds of travelers. Nowhere else in South America can you enjoy beautiful beaches, wander through picturesque colonial cities, climb Andean peaks, explore the arid Atacama Desert and the lush Amazonian rainforest and admire the lost city of Machu Picchu.
- Argentina is the eighth largest country in the world, stretching from the waterfalls of Iguazu to Ushuaia, the gateway to Patagonia and the doorstep of the Antarctic. Though home to diverse and beautiful terrains, Argentina is not without cosmopolitan flair, the capital city of Buenos Aires offers visitors a slice of European sophistication in South America with its vibrant café culture.
- Chile is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the west and separated from the rest of South America by the Andes. It is a unique and diverse land in its geography, culture and people. Home to geysers, mountain peaks, beaches, volcanoes and forests, Chile is an adventure travelers dream. Easter Island is the most remote inhabited island in the world. It is home to stunning volcanic landscapes and the mysterious Moai or stone sculptures hewn out of rock by a now lost civilization.
- Bolivia is a country of unique qualities from the Island of the Sun, the legendary birthplace of the Incan Empire, to the vast salt flats of Uyuni. Unpredictable and extreme, it needs no embellishment to entice visitors. Landlocked between Peru, Chile, Paraguay, Brazil and Argentina, it has managed to escape mainstream tourism, quietly retaining its mystery.
- Ecuador lies on the equator between Peru and Colombia and is the smallest of the Andean nations. Despite its size, it is famed for its diverse geography and is said to be one of the most bio-diverse places on earth. Located just 1000km off of the coast of Ecuador, The Galapagos Islands have fascinated visitors since 1845 when Charles Darwin arrived, finding inspiration for his theory of evolution.
- Venezuela is one of the wealthiest countries in Latin America due in part to the oil revenues that have financed its meteoric growth since the 1970’s. Within its borders it’s possible to trek the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, enjoy 1,800 miles of Caribbean coastline and marvel at the world’s highest waterfall, Angel Falls.
- Colombia is a seemingly untroubled country with vibrant cities, sweet little port towns and spectacular parks. Beyond the troubling media headlines lies a thriving society with a rising middle class, some of the best health care and universities in all of South America.
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide