Celebrating 25 Years!
Globe Trekker ...
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
Italy, bordered by France, Switzerland, Slovenia, and Austria, is a boot shaped peninsula extending Southward into the Mediterranean Sea. This relatively young nation has preserved it rich variety, and each region differs in character, culture, and cuisine. Traveller Megan McCormick visits the spectacular Italian Alps and the modern, stylish, cultural, and gastronomic cities of the North; while Justine Shapiro looks beyond the image of the underdeveloped South, and explores Rome, Naples, and countryside villages, before reaching the tip of Italy's toe in Aspromonte. Along the way:
- Walk the romantic streets of Verona
- Visit fashion capital Milan
- Admire the well-preserved houses and frescos of Pompeii
- Attend the traditional festival of the Madonna Del Carmine in the fishing town of Terracina
- Experience the Venice Carnival
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide