Celebrating 25 Years!
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
Istanbul is the only city to span two continents. Previously known as Byzantium and Constantinople, it was the center of the civilised world for over a millennium. Although no longer the capital of Turkey, Istanbul remains its biggest and busiest city. Traveller Estelle Bingham starts her exploration of the ancient city at Topkapi Palace, former home of sultans and their concubines. She interrupts her sightseeing for a day trip to Gallipoli, the site of an infamous World War I battlefield. Continuing her journey around Istanbul, she visits the opulent Pera Palace Hotel. After some retail therapy in the Grand Bazaar, she ends her journey at the famous Blue Mosque.
Along the way:
- See some Whirling Dervishes
- Experience Istanbul's fabulous nightlife
- Take a belly dancing lesson from the gypsies
- Wrestle with over 100 well-oiled men for the gold belt
- Taste traditional mezzes washed down with local liquor
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide