Celebrating 25 Years!
Globe Trekker ...
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
2 shows on 1 DVD : Indian Ocean Islands and Sri Lanka & The Maldives The Indian Ocean Islands, off the East coast of Africa, are an indisputable paradise on earth with their luxurious resorts, sun-kissed beaches and sparkling turquoise seas. Africans, Indians, Europeans and even pirates have all settled here in this timeless tropical paradise. Traveler Ian Wright visits just a handful of the hundreds of Indian Ocean islands. Beginning in the most luxurious hotel in the Republic of Mauritius, he then fly's to the island of Reunion before ending his journey in the Republic of Seychelles on the islands of Mahe and La Digue. Next traveler Megan McCormick begins her journey in Colombo, capital of Sri Lanka. She travels to the East coast to surfing paradise Arugam Bay, visits Ratnapura and Sigiriya, before driving to Kandy. Flying to The Maldives, she ends her trip with a diving safari around the maze of idyllic uninhabited islands. along the way...
- Journey into an active volcano at Piton de la Fournaise
- Place a bet at Champ de Mars - the second oldest race course in the world
- Do a little 'big game' fishing in the Republic of Seychelles
- Climb the impressive fortress built by King Kasyapa, in Sigiriya, fifteen hundred years ago
- Visit Ratnapura, the city of gems, where mines give up pink and blue sapphires
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide