Celebrating 25 Years!
Globe Trekker ...
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide
Bordered by the Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Oceans, Canada is the world's second largest country. Influenced throughout history by a plethora of cultures and traditions, it has grown into a thriving, multicultural country full of confident and characterful cities. In contrast, it's also home to some of the biggest mountains in North America and virtually unpopulated, spectacular wilderness. Traveler Ian Wright begins the journey in Montreal, Canada's largest French speaking city. From there he travels to Yellowknife before heading further north to visit the Inuit people of Baffin Island. He ends his journey searching for polar bears on Broughton Island. Meanwhile, Zay Harding explores Western Canada, starting his journey exploring the province of Saskatchewan before flying on to Alberta's capital, Edmonton. After hitching a ride to the famous Calgary Stampede, he travels through Whistler to end his journey in the beautiful, isolated province of Yukon. along the way...
- Take a four day dog sled ride across the Arctic wilderness
- Fly through the tree tops ziptrekking in Whistler's old forest
- Experience the spectacular aurora borealis, or northern lights
- Taste a traditional Calgary Stampede delicacy - Prairie Oysters
- Taste delicious maple syrup freshly produced in a Quebec sugar shack
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide