Celebrating 25 Years!
FORMAT: REGION-FREE DVD - Plays anywhere worldwide - Contains episodes: Beijing City Guide, Southwest, Southeast and Central China!
Our best-selling Globe Trekker DVD titles makes a perfect trip planning guide, or an armchair introduction to this powerful and ancient nation. China is the third largest country in the world and, with more than a billion people, it is home of 20% of the world population. While one of the oldest civilisations, its future will undoubtedly shape the 21st century. Traveller Justine Shapiro explores the traditional South West China, the autonomous region of Guangxi, and the provinces of Guizhou, Yunnan and Sichuan. Meanwhile Megan McCormick journeys though Central China, from Shanghai to the Yellow Mountains, and from the Yangzi River to Xian, the ancient capital of China. Zay Harding completes the tour of China travelling through the 4 provinces of South East China from Guanzhou to Nanchang. Megan then takes a trip around Beijing, starting at the infamous Tiananmen Square, the former stage of the Cultural Revolution rallies. From here she travels to the Forbidden City, kept out of bounds for 500 years. She ends her journey at Beijing's Ice Lantern Festival amidst a colourful fiesta of ice and light. along the way...
- Admire the beautiful gardens and stunning frescoes of the Lama temple
- Try scorpion from a local street vendor
- Take a hike along the Great Wall of China
- Attend a traditional Long Horn Mio ceremony and listen to their amazing singing
- Visit the Huangguoshu Waterfalls, the largest in Asia
- See the endangered Giant Panda
- Walk among the 8,000 terracotta warriors built to guard to tomb of China's first emperor, Emperor China
Runtime: 52 minutes per program
Region Free DVD - plays in any DVD player worldwide